As an essential business, our corporate offices, will-call, fleet, and distribution centers are working to give you what you need when you need it. Our sales representatives and delivery drivers make sure your orders get to you safely and on time. Our team of buyers has been working to procure the foods and products you count on Jordano’s for and make substitutions as necessary to continue supply when businesses shift production.
Our team continues to find what you need and if not we find a new solution…extended family; taking care of family. We all continue to take necessary precautions to fight the spread of COVID-19. At Martin Bros., amidst all of this uncertainty, we know one thing for certain: physical distance may prevent us from being with one another, but we can still find ways to work together for the betterment of those we serve.
Our management team at Jordano’s continues to monitor information as it pertains to COVID-19 and thus updates policies and procedures forthwith according to the recommendations and guidelines as provided by the CDC, OSHA, and the California Department of Public Health. We have taken many critical steps to support our staff and customers’ health and safety during this time.
– Social distancing, including no ride sharing with co-workers and telecommuting where feasible.
– Staggered shift arrangements have been implemented where feasible to reduce the number of “on site” staff.
– Reduced travel throughout our facilities, increased emails, phone calls and virtual meetings.
– Increased frequency of cleaning high contact surface areas throughout the facility and delivery vehicles.
– Increased hand sanitizer stations.
– Gloves have been provided wherever needed to our personnel.
– Masks are provided and are required throughout our operations; including customers at our will-call counter.
– Delivery drivers can leave products and not obtain a signature upon request in situations where it will not compromise the integrity of the product that is not time/temperature control for safety (TCS).
– Pick-ups are now being set-up where the driver does not need to go inside and/or meets the vendors’ new policy due to COVID-19.
– Outside carriers are no longer allowed in the JFS facility beyond what is necessary… i.e., they are met at the truck to exchange paperwork and unlock their trailers.
– Protocol, policy in place, no returns as posted and conveyed to customers during this arduous time.
– We have cancelled or postponed any events or meetings that would have required more than ten people through March 31st, 2021. This also includes our 2021 Food & Equipment Show (rescheduled from March 2020). The rescheduled show has also been canceled indefinitely.
– We remind our employees that if they develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as a cough or shortness of breath, to stay home and call their healthcare provider right away.
– We continue to be proactive, not reactive as much as possible in this fluid situation. A business continuity plan that includes measures that require direct action have been put into place should we have an employee that tests positive for COVID-19. This will include not only a cleaning and sanitizing of the areas impacted, but notification of all parties where applicable and as allowed for under the law.
We frequently are asked if the food supply is safe. According to the CDC, COVID-19 is spread from person-to-person and there is currently no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states “currently there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission of COVID-19. Foodborne exposure to this virus is not known to be a route of transmission.”
It is important to remember that products shipped or delivered by Jordano’s Foodservice vendors must adhere to all applicable laws and regulations, including food safety and quality requirements set by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and FDA.
Please know that it is our intention to continue forward with daily operations and working with our valued vendors and customers as we all transition to the changes in the daily routines and norms.
If you have any additional questions or concerns as it relates to Jordano’s and our response to COVID-19 please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your continuing support as we push through these challenging times.
4 Trends That Show How Diners Are Ordering Now
CDC Says 6-Foot Rule Could Be Undercut By Newly Cited COVID Risk
PPP Forgiveness Process Begins
What Motivates Customers In The Age Of COVID?
Recipe Report: Packed For Portability